QuickBooks and Salesforce are two of the most used cloud based software. They are used by small to large scale companies alike and the integration between the two can save hours in manual data migration. As you go about combining the plus points of two powerful systems, it can help you do your accounting in QuickBooks while your sales and customer team can access the QuickBooks financial data through Salesforce.
Though every companies needs are different, the most important task that they engineer by integrating Salesforce with QuickBooks is the process of automatically creating Invoices in QuickBooks from opportunities that are converted through Salesforce and at the same time allowing Salesforce to access QuickBooks data for better management and analysis. This saves time significantly by reducing data entry, speed up cash flows, and allow management and sales team better data visibility and analytics.
Salesforce Integration with QuickBooks
The App way
Salesforce QuickBooks integration is done mainly with the help of third party Apps and Salesforce AppExchange contains a huge collection of App to Integrate Salesforce and QuickBooks. But here are some of the best apps that we have in our own projects
- Intuit – Salesforce Integration for QuickBooks
It was one of the earliest such App and is made by Intuit Inc. itself, the firm behind QuickBooks. It had lots of bugs in its early stage but it is catching up to its competitors. The only plus point of this App is that it’s very cheap.
Link: – https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000009wTghEAE
Pricing: – $28 / $70 per user per month, plus some addition charges.
Most suitable for: – Small scale organizations
- Avankia – DBSync QuickBooks Integration for Salesforce
One of the most favored and most used solution for QuickBooks and Salesforce integration. Have support for custom mapping.
Link: – https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016bTHEAY
Pricing: – Free / $795 / $1495 annually
Most suitable for: – Small to medium scale organizations
- Boomi Atmosphere
It is a powerful multipurpose tool and can be used to accomplish a lot of integration task, not just QuickBooks and Salesforce integration. It is also extremely expensive. But is one complete integration solution. Good for those firms that have lots third party applications to connect with Salesforce. In short it is the mother and daddy of all integration cloud solutions.
Pricing (Atmosphere): – $2000 / $4000 / $8000/ $12000 per month
Most suitable for: – Medium to large scale organizations.
Intuit, the company behind QuickBooks, has released its own SDK, a collection of protocols for integration. This can be used to create a custom solution to integrate your products. But is custom development and would obviously cost more as you would have to hire dedicated Salesforce developers. This way is most useful for those who are heavily dependent on Salesforce and QuickBooks and have many fields to syn.
Link for SDK:- https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/develop/sdks-and-samples
Things to consider before integrating Salesforce with QuickBooks
If you are considering integrating your Salesforce product with QuickBooks, there are many things that you need to be mindful of. IN short you need to have answers to following questions before you begin
- Versions of QuickBooks and Salesforce that you are integrating. Its more so with QuickBooks because the product has both desktop and cloud versions.
- What is the final goal of integrating? Do you want a one way integration or a two way, i.e. do you want a system that only retrieves information from one product to another or a system that can allow users to change the value in both systems.
- Should the system update records in real time or do you need a system that has to update on a specific schedule like on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- What type of trigger you want to move a record from one system to another or update a record?
- What type of approvals a user would need to update a transaction into your QuickBooks accounting system?
- What is the edition of Salesforce that you are using? Salesforce.com Enterprise Edition and Unlimited Edition provide integration API’s and Professional edition will only work if the product has been certified to work with QuickBooks. Group editions generally does not work with out-of-the-box integration techniques so you may have to upgrade the edition.
- Most importantly, what is the return on investment on the integration? You may have to estimate the time your integration will save and multiply it by the hourly wage of the employee whose time the integration is saving. Then subtract the integration cost and licenses cost. If the final numbers are negative then the only reason would be to improve customer satisfaction but then that you may have to consider accordingly. Also consider payback period if the final number are positive.
- Does the Salesforce configuration and QuickBooks business process workflow match and can be integrated? To check this you should make sure that custom fields are there in both Salesforce and QuickBooks products. Many times if the developers of both products are different, there are some clashes related to incompatible value fields and missing value fields.
To contact our certified salesforce integration consultant, you can contact us at our toll free number +1-877-284-1028.