Straddling across generations of industrial revolution beginning from Industry 1.0 till the most recent Industry 5.0, change in technology adoption is the only constant that has manifested itself over the years. Let’s take a look at how the Telecom sector has been at the vantage point of technology adoption for all these years. In this light, the first encounter of technology disruption in the telecom sector could be traced back to the application of manual switching networking mode in telephone exchanges.
With the advent of digitization in full swing, packet switching networking swept through the existing telecom infrastructure making it the new norm. Hence, one could discern how technology has cradled the innovations led by the telecom sector. This article aims at determining the key technology trends that are inevitable in the Telecom industry given the rise in bustling technologies.
Technology trends in the Telecom Industry
Proclivity towards Edge Computing
- The term ‘edge’ technology is spreading rampantly like a wildfire as an alternate distributed computing paradigm that gives a false perception of operating in a serverless environment.
- In other words, it aims at reducing the latency by enhancing the proximity between the data source and the storage centers contributing to the ecosystem of IoT as one of the key proponents.
- In addition to this, edge computing may also facilitate in weeding out the network congestion in 5G infrastructure making it a viable option for serving the growing pace of telecom services users. Talking about its security widgets, the technology is deemed to accompany strings of local encryption features that may further lower the cost otherwise required to enforce a digital perimeter.
Vying towards Open RAN Architecture
- The concept of Open RAN commonly known as “Radio Access Network”, has lent an extended meaning to the term RAN, which generally refers to the physical remote base stations catering to the network requirements of specific operators.
- Contrary to this, Open RAN architecture is deemed to establish a vendor-neutral platform for the deployment of diverse hardware and software components to eliminate the exorbitant network cost.
- Besides incentivizing the telecom sector with affordable network tariffs, RAN architecture may also eliminate the excessive reliance on proprietary systems, which at times serve as the vulnerable spots for conducting network intrusion and turning the entire infrastructure at a siege.
Blockchain Technology as a Facilitator for 5G Infrastructure
- Talking about Communications Service Providers(CSP), implementation of the 5G networking paradigm could be achieved with the application of blockchain. For instance, blockchain technology allows the 5G network to establish ubiquitous access across all operators by simultaneously handling multiple access nodes.
- In addition to this, blockchain also enabled the creation of ad-hoc networks or peer-to-peer connectivity with standalone IoT devices for highly efficacious self-managed networks.
- Moreover, instances of production shut-down through deliberate intrusion attempts could also be mitigated with the aid of consensus-based data authentication powered by the blockchain itself.
- Hence, it is noteworthy that scalability of the 5G infrastructure could only be achieved with the help of blockchain technology serving as an intrinsic facilitator.
Big Data technology for efficient investment in Telecom
- Investment in the telecom industry entails key portfolios including spectrum purchase, infrastructure expansion, and procurement of IT assets, thereby placing greater emphasis on pooling the investments prudently.
- Besides taking stock of the aforementioned areas, the adoption of Big Data in investment planning would apprise the network providers of instances such as network outages, to chalk out investment strategies for leveling out anomalies.
- Hence, based on the trends derived from big data excavation companies would be in a position to show greater preparedness for predicting traffic peaks, customer experience, ROI among others.
The Telecom Industry Trends innovation areas described in this study barely scratch the surface of what we discovered during our investigation. 5G networks and technologies, flexible networks for high- and low-latency needs, and speedier means of communication are all sectors that will have a big influence on telecom firms in some way. Early identification of new prospects and emerging technology to incorporate into your organisation can help you acquire a competitive edge and become an industry leader.
We at Algoworks, are in constant pursuit of delivering state-of-the-art technological marvels through our team of highly officious designers and developers. Over the years, we have established ourselves as one of the leading technology consulting firms and bestowed with several accolades under our belt for a vast range of mobile and web application projects. Our shrewdness in the choice of Salesforce products for our clients has earned us a strategic mark in the industry. For queries regarding fabricating your own customized Salesforce product do reach out to us. Contact us